Old 08-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #19
slickdtc
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Graphical Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Are we going to see intros for every game in franchise mode?
I have a feeling they will. I mean, they seem to really be pushing that improvement this year. There's no reason to not use it every game. And to stay pessimistic, that's a reason why they wouldn't! Ha!

I think the game looks great. Everyone rags on the models, goalie masks, whatever it is. I guess it does annoy me a bit, but I've never been one for some mostly minor disproportions to ruin my gaming experience. I mean, I love NFL 2k5 and one of the most glaring flaws in that game is the players running like they have something up their butts.

What I love the most is that each arena has it's own unique lighting. I believe I've said it before, but I think that's going to go a long way towards immersing you in the game. Playing in Philly will feel like playing in Philly. I might be just as excited for home game #41 as I am for home game #1. But I may actually dig going on the road a lot more; get a taste of the whole league.

I'll finish off this post with my favorite screenshot, the Detroit Red Wings intro. The glow around the stands gets me jacked up just looking at a still shot. It makes me recall the Orange Crush in Philly before some playoff games. Being up near the top and seeing all the people, wearing those orange shirts in unison... it gives me chills. Just awesome. It's part of what sports is all about. But anyway, the shot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?