Old 08-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
splff3000
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: "recruiting against" feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
As implemented, it's ineffective. First, recruit sours WAY too quickly on negative pitches. Second, if you're recruiting against a powerhouse school, they're 'A' across the board practically, they have no area to negatively attack.

Nice idea, poorly implemented. Stopped using it pretty quickly.
umm no. It does what it's intended to do. At first I didn't like the feature, but I see how it works now and it's pretty good. The reason the recruits get upset is so you can't just sit there and downplay another school all day. You can do a little bit at a time. Also he may get upset if you don't have a big advantage over what you're trying to downplay. For instance, if early play time is very high and your school is rated a C. When you downplay another school that's D+ he may get upset, but if your school is an A+ in that category he may listen longer. Also you can recruit against powerhouses. You just have to do it on those dynamic pitches such as early play time and proximity to home. I have successfully downplayed proximity to home against OSU several times.