View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #20
northface28
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Is this game worth buying for dynasty mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Recruiting has always been too easy and it will always remain that way. People would tar and feather the EA devs if they ever made it realistic. Seriously, most people that play dynasty mode want to take over a smaller school and build them up into a title contender and hopefully win it all. This almost never happens in real life but is one of the biggest positives of dynasty mode in NCAA.

Pete Carroll could go to UConn and they will never become a powerhouse in real life. In NCAA Football, you could win it all in a few years. So many gamers love to take 1*, 2* or 3* schools and build them up in NCAA. The only way that's possible in a fun amount of time (3-5 years) is to make recruiting overly easy. If they made it realistic, those schools would still suck and the gamer would get frustrated and quit playing. This is a perfect example of where perfect realism = not fun. Is it too easy? Maybe but it still needs to stay on the easy side.
Well said, it has to be "easy" or at least "easier" or people would complain to no end. In my opinion it is still a little easy, but occasionally guys I thought I would get still go to other universities. With that being said I do not "put all my eggs in one basket" as I have been let down by potential recruits selecting other programs, so that in itself keeps it somewhat entertaining.