View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 04:26 AM   #18
jip4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Read my first post about John Navarre, I had a 31 TD and 34 INT season with him on All-Madden... not great, but it was enough to progress him a little because at times he did do very well. Sometimes I would have a great few weeks and he would progress 2 points, other times I would have average weeks and he wouldn't progress.
You're missing the point, though. His performance was based on his ratings. Not vise-versa. I realize that that's not how it is in the game. That's what I'm saying: the game is flawed in that way. Fortunately it's not a game-breaker yet, but it easily could be. It is completely and totally the opposite of "sim."

In fact I'll go one further: I know a lot of people liked Head Coach and are excited that the HC people are working on Franchise. I'm not. I won't play HC. It is not a sports simulation game. It is an RPG. The depth elements are good, but making Madden rosters the correct size, choosing an active roster on game day, cutting players pre-season, all seem like they would take 5 minutes to do.

Last edited by jip4; 09-04-2009 at 04:31 AM.