Old 09-04-2009, 04:55 AM   #36
TeamBuilder
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I am telling you, that when you start a franchise, it is a fantasy world. If the world IRL thinks that X player is only going to produce with a C potential then EA has to make his potential a C until he proves otherwise IRL. Just because you put him in a situation where he can produce numbers that seem high for his overall doesnt mean he is any better IRL or in the game.

There is no way to make Bradys with this years rookies under this system unless there is a roster update. But it is the closest representation to what happens in the real world and that is why it is best.
And that is where we disagree. That is why I think they should use the progression from Madden 06. John Navarre didn't all of the sudden shoot up +10 in ratings, if I had an above average few games he would progress two points in throwing accuracy. I won the Super Bowl with him so he got a +5 awareness rating. That way there he could still improve and there wasn't a pre-set number saying he can only be so good.

And I know, I know, ratings shouldn't be determined by numbers and it should be the other way around, but I think for a video game in terms of dealing with potential and production, it's the best method... IN MY OPINION.