View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 04:59 AM   #39
jip4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
And that is where we disagree. That is why I think they should use the progression from Madden 06. John Navarre didn't all of the sudden shoot up +10 in ratings, if I had an above average few games he would progress two points in throwing accuracy. I won the Super Bowl with him so he got a +5 awareness rating. That way there he could still improve and there wasn't a pre-set number saying he can only be so good.

And I know, I know, ratings shouldn't be determined by numbers and it should be the other way around, but I think for a video game in terms of dealing with potential and production, it's the best method... IN MY OPINION.
But its really not. I mean, think about Tom Brady. Did he get better by having a good couple of games and winning the Super Bowl? No, he really was that good all along. He was a "gem," a late round draft pick who was much better than everyone thought. And there are "gems" in Madden 10, so there's the chance to have guys like Tom Brady (they may not be the "right" guys, but that's where the difference between RL and Franchise mode comes in). But these gems aren't "made," they just are who they are.