View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 05:09 AM   #50
jip4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
I think some rookies that you draft should have random degressions (i.e. Ryan Leaf). He was expected to be a top rated QB, but proved to be a bus in the NFL. There should be a catch to drafting a #1 draft pick (Robert Gallery, Rashaun Woods, Tim Couch, etc). i think the degress should happen after the 1st year, and then in his 2nd year using the degression, it would be up to the player (you) to bring him to that 85 overall.

say I draft a guy... 1st round QB Rocky Balboa. He is a 78 overall.. i do good with him passing for 3,331 yards 21 touchdowns, 18 interceptions. He suddenly degresses to a 77 or stays the same the next year. "Sophmore slump" - now this is where the actual progression would take place. I would have to prove the CPU wrong that he is an elite QB, so i put up good numbers... getting 3,500 yards 25 touchdowns and 8 interceptions and then the attributes begin to rise.

just throwin some ideas into the pool lol
You can't prove his ratings wrong. His ratings are what determines how well he plays. They are all that determine how well he plays. It is literally impossible for a player to outperform his ratings. It's like trying to outrun your shadow.