View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #60
firktaf
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

I'm with jip4 and Glorious on all of this.

However, what I think Teambuilder's main point is but hasn't really come out and said it this way is that there should be more ambiguity involved with potential/progression. Right now, everything is set in stone from the moment a player comes into the league. I know that the QB I drafted in the 1st round that has a C potential will most likely not be my franchise QB...and I know immediately. And with that, I agree with him. It's one thing to know that my rookie WR has a catching rating of 80(which is a fact, it's not up for debate) but it's another thing to know that he'll be a stud in the future.

Imo, a relatively simple solution would be to just hide a player's potential rating for their first 2-3 years. This would create an illusion of a guy rising to the occasion...or failing to live up to the hype. It would still be the same system underneath that we have now but I think this could greatly enhance the experience. So, it wouldn't be possible for anyone to improve, but since you're experiencing it instead of just knowing it, it comes off more naturally.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights