Old 09-04-2009, 06:03 AM   #116
jip4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
I did and have.

I dont want the game to have a set amount of players become good ... what I dont like is that the potential rating given to each player based on what??? Their real life performances/scouts reports etc should not then limit them in a Madden Franchise.

If players are given their potential by their 'IRL' performances... then in Madden their performances on the virtual football field become their 'IRL' performances and thus the players should progress accordingly.

Because 'Mickey Mouse' sold me the game with a roster that said 'Player A' is rated as an F potential, but Player B is a A potential.

A simple example; Player B starts for you as the running back in your franchise. He does OK but nothing spectacular and say he gets 400 yds and 1 TD in 8 games before getting hurt for the rest of the season.

You have no choice, Player A has to start instead of your highly rated player B.... however Player A does well, really well... he puts up 1000 yards in 8 games and runs in 8 TDs.....

1 - Who deserves to progress more? Obviously the F rated player
2 - Should the F instantly become better than the A rated player? No, progression should take into account multiple seasons - but the F rated player should progress more that season.

If that scenario repeated itself ad naseum... then eventually id want my F rated player to be rated better than the A rated.

Flipside to that view is the F rated player has 1 good year and then troughs and never attains that again... regression....

Boom and Bust situation - based on in game performance, NOT one mans view.
1. Why not? How is that any different than saying their real life arm strength, speed, etc. shouldn't limit them in a Madden Franchise?

2. You don't "deserve" to progress. Progression/ratings are not rewards.

3. How did the worse player perform better than the better one?

4. If your F rated player performs better than your A rated player, who cares what there ratings are. Just play your F rated player. Why do you need the ratings to reflect the production?