View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #155
roolz
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richieh
... but previous Maddens never progressed a player who didn't put up numbers. Madden 2010 does.
Just want to pick up on this point - name me one sport where a player gets better by not performing?

Yet in Madden, you are saying players will get better just because they have A' in potential.......

Thats where realism goes out of the window... I draft a A rated player, dont use him for 8 years but he progressess to a 99OVR anyway... now some smart alec will say 'Why didnt you play him?'.. .Well Madden is a game and you would use a player you were comfortable with or enjoyed playing with (whatever its your choice) BUT Madden is trying to take that choice away by forcing the good players onto you, rather than you developing them.

I can see there would be flaws in progression based on performance and its probably something EA could never get right anyway, given the standard of game they produce. BUT to say that a 'set' development that is bog standard across the range dependant on potential is just 'insert expletive'.

Rather than Franchise mode becoming organic and living its own life.... after 1 run through, whats the point in playing again? You know who will end up being the studs... you know what rating players will have... you will know who to draft.

My franchise should be different to everyone elses, it should life its own life and not have a set path of player production forced onto me, whether thats the best method EA have produced or not... its not realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove