View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #198
Glorious Arc
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
See that's the thing though, I had J.J. Arrington as my RB back in Madden 06. He didn't increase in speed and trucking, but his awareness, his carry, his catch (I used him as a receiver well) would go up until he got to age 27/28 and he stopped progressing. He ended up at something like 87 OVR (mostly due to awareness) and he wasn't Adrian Peterson because how can you improve how fast you are? Adrian Peterson has ridiculous speed and trucking that gives him a huge boost to factor into his 97 OVR rating. But why can't a WR keep progressing his catch rating if he is catching the ball well? I'm not saying make him a 99 OVR.
We are saying that players do not just keep progressing IRL. Like I said before if you allow even the non-physical skills to keep progressing just because your player is able to put up numbers then you are going to make a system where HOFers exist but IRL they would never turn out like that.

I know I have bad hands and I dont have the best awareness. But if I have Manning or Brady throwing the ball to me I could probably catch 40-60 passes a year. Under your system, I could develop hands and awareness like Jerry Rice just because I was catching 40-60 passes. How realistic is that?(again if I had the potential to get better hands/awareness IRL I would need a good coach and bust my butt every day to improve my skills) I would then see a probability that I could produce better numbers on the field in the same situation as I did the year before when I had worse stats.