View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #215
kcarr
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden Head
Again I have to sight Wess Welker here. It wasn't until he caught over 110 catches his last two seasons that EA saw Wess as a 90+ WR. He was a great Receiver that was hard to cover, and like I said in my last post, production is the part of progression that a player needs to use to "prove" how good they are and not be a the single reason people progress, however, production also shouldn't be ignored. If I take a C or B rated Wess Welker from the Dolphins and throw him the ball over 110 times and he catches most of them, shouldn't that be evidence that he is the real deal?

This is the real trick here. If I create myself, an I give myself 40 in hands [i'm not too bad at catching but I would hardly put myself on an NFL level] I shouldn't be able to catch 110+ passes in game even with Tom Brady. I should drop or get the ball knocked out more often. I also should have F potential. SO as the season goes on, even with the Patriots Coaching staff and what not I am not going to be able to greatly improve my bad [NFL standard] hands. Wess Welker though who as a Dolphin should have a C or B potential rating should be able to improve his hands via potential to a point where he is a reliable receiver. From there, field production should count.
The player is playing at the ability of the ratings he currently has. You already know how much of the real deal a player is by looking at their ratings. Their is nothing to prove.
Advertisements - Register to remove