Old 09-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #224
Madden Head
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
By the way, extreme coincedence in you mentioning those 2 players as when I originally posted I was looking at stats to back the deal with wes up and the 2 I randomly choose to look up were TJ and hines.
Not really. All of the example are possetion receivers that are also concidered the best in the NFL at what they do. The fun part about watching the NFL and talking ratings and what not is you can have the opinion that Wess is over rated and I can disagree with you. Someone can say they think Manning is the best QB in the NFL and I can disagree and say I think it is Tom Brady. We both have our reasons and both will be good reasons most of the time. This is antoher reason I like the idea of not having a visable overall rating in Madden. It should be a letter grade. To some extent I think there should be a +/- letter grade system as well.

Regardless of who you personally like more, there is no question that Wess Welker, TJ and Ward belong on a list of some of the best active WRs in the NFL. They would deserve at worst an A- grade each. Also, just because one guy may be a Deep "A" grade receiver doesn't mean he is a better "A" grade WR than someone else. This is why it is improtant to not only look at the overall Rating. Look at the individual ratings. Route Running, catch in traffic, etc.

If I were to go into the free agency or looking to make a trade I should see an overall leter grade, maybe a ?? potential or a leter grade [that is debateable] and accurate skill number ratings.

P.S. Where did you get those numbers. I don't see them at NFL.com so I may be missing them. Also, that doesn't really influence me one way or antoher becasue the Patriots are a short and medium passing team. I would expect that. Also, if you actually watch Patriots games [I don't know if you do] they throw a lot of screens. I am sure that has a big impact on his "average" catch location in relation to the LOS. I could care less what his average catch location is, but what his ypc, yac, and catch to drop ratio is.