Old 09-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #249
mavfan21
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Remember Madden 2006 for XBOX, with Donovan McNabb on the cover? That game had perfect progression.

-Making a run in the playoffs would progress your players. Makes perfect sense, playoff experience.

I remember I would use the Cardinals and start 65 overall rated John Navarre. I played on All-Madden and threw 31 TDs and 34 INTs while going 15-1 (won 6 games by one FG). Navarre progressed up to a 72 OVR and then after the playoffs progressed to a 75 OVR. The next year I had 38 TDs and 14 INTs and he finished the year at 89 OVR after the Super Bowl. NOW THAT WAS PERFECT PROGRESSION.
No THAT was totally unrealistic and rigged.

If doing well in a playoff run and making plays in a Super Bowl meant a player should progress dramatically then Trent Dilfer should be in the HOF by now, David Tyree wouldn't have been cut yesterday, and Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston should be studs! ALL of them had some BIG playoff runs and SB performances...then what???? Back to sucking.

Madden's old progression was TOTALLY predictable and EASY to manipulate...which makes the game boring and unrealistic.

This year is the first time that (IF YOU'RE PLAYING ON A CHALLENGING DIFFICULTY/SLIDER SETTING) your players play like their rankings. You can't just run a 67 OVR HB out there, get him a couple TD's in the super bowl and watch him jump 10 points. Some players should never progress, even after a few big games.

Madden got realism right this year. The potentail caps and progression are realistic. No more rigging progression by force feeding players TD's/yards to progress them.