View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #267
firktaf
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

I just remembered something from Head Coach 09 that would be a great addition and I think it would solve the main issue people seem to have here. In HC, statistical performance was factored into the overall rating. They still had progression ratings though so players couldn't just become a physical beast by putting up good stats. But players that performed well could/would demand larger contracts because of their performance. And it worked both ways. If a good player put up bad stats, then his overall dropped. I remember that there was this issue with adding Favre to the game last year because they didn't have his stats on the disc, so if they gave Favre the accurate amount of years without any stats, then his overall would've been too low and he wouldn't even have started for the CPU Jets. But if he was listed as a rookie then his overall would've been high enough to be the starter.

So anyway, this would allow for physical progression to be more realistic and the overall rating would represent both ratings and stats...which would also be more realistic. Doing this and hiding the progression rating for a certain amount of time would be great additions, imo.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights