View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
KowboysUp
Rookie

OVR: 1
Hang 'Em and Bang 'Em

The title to the thread says it all.

I can't throw the curveball for the life of me.

As I type this, I just got out to a 4-0 lead with the Red Sox, and Beckett is on the mound.

Obviously, the computer came back the next inning (because there's no such thing as comeback code) but what I want to know is, does anyone else have as much trouble with the curve as I do?

It seems like, when I inevitably give up that big home run to complete the comeback, it's almost always on a breaking pitch that hangs right in the middle. Now, this isn't because of where I'm aiming it I don't think; I usually start the pitch either up and in so it'll break onto the inside corner or right down the middle so it will break just off, and sometimes I start it a little lower trying to get it in the dirt.

Sometimes this even works, but the maority of the time the pitch hangs, no matter where I hit on the meter. It doesn't matter if I hit the yellow line or miss it completely, that almost seems to have no bearing on where the pitch ends up.

Lastly, I pretty much never fill the pitch meter into the yellow area on breaking pitches because that usually just makes me bounce it, again no matter where I'm aiming really or how I do on the meter so... any tips?

Does anyone else struggle with breaking pitches as much as I do?

Thanks in advance for any help!

P.S. I forgot to add, lack of knowledge on how to pitch probably isn't the problem, but maybe The Show pitching is different from real life. I've been a pitcher my whole life, and would hope that I have the "baseball knowledge" part covered.

Last edited by KowboysUp; 09-09-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove