View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #28
debauchlord
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The 3-4 is still broken, ideas and ways to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
You do realize how unrealistic that roster really is right? It works perfectly for the reason that Madden doesn't take into account that a guy like Gooden is too small to play OLB in the 3-4 and Stroud is too tall and would actually play DE. I do get sacks, I actually lead the league in sacks, Suggs had 29 for me last season and Pryce had 24 as well but that is just not right for a 3-4 DE and I did nothing special with him. That is just broken, no way in hell should a 3-4 DE have that many sacks in a season. Also if you look around the league guys like Harrison, Ware and Merriman are averaging like 4 - 6 sack a season . And during games I feel like they are not much of a threat at all.
You are right, Gooden is a MLB that I shifted over based solely on his speed stat. I also know that the game cannot and probably never will factor in height...besides, Gooden is 6'1 or so and I think MOST OLBs are 6'1-6'2...tallest I think is Greg Ellis. The Steelers destroy me whenever I play them, not so much Harrison as Farrior and Timmons. I only get positive yardage if I read their defense correctly.

To say that the 3-4 in the game is broken if you can use it effectively is a bit harsh. Just because you can take advantage of it doesn't mean you always have to. The sim engine may be broken for 3-4 defenses, I grant you that, but, then again, it doesn't bother me nearly that much...especially because regardless of how many sacks I try to accumulate, I always end up at the end of a season smack in the middle of total sacks.