View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
Phife1442
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: My solution to the potential/progression debates

I dont think that this solution is that radical from what is already in place. I agree with the multiple progression timeframes 100%. Here is my twist:

I think rookies are WAY overrated, especially the premade draft classes. We just had a draft class with an 85 and an 84 ovr rated qb's. How many qbs straight out of college are as good as Aaron Rodgers (86) or Tony Romo (87)? Those 2 players are also loosely based on 2 classic gunslingers who were nowhere near that good until they were like 5 year vets.

Almost all rookies should have a cap of around 75, then the progression should kick in. Preseason/training camp, get a boost from learning the system. Play well in-season, get a boost from playing time and success on the field. Make it to the playoffs and play well, get a boost for playoff experience. Offseason workouts, get better physically.

The progression should be very dynamic and then there is a factor called, potential, talent, work ethic, whatever... that is a hidden attribute that factors in heavily to all of this. It will not cap your player, a C rating will mean that he progresses mildly fast, but he can still be an elite player in the league at some point.