Old 09-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #272
hitstreak13
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 2006 Had Perfect Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
This is one thing I really liked about Head Coach, the overall rating for a player was based on what your philosophies were. For example, if you ran a 3-4 defense, you would set the philosophy to favor a good 3-4 DE, which would make power/size much more valuable than speed/finesse.

On the current system, it's all the same. Robert Mathis and Ty Warren would both get high 80's ratings at defensive end. But in a 3-4, Mathis would be a terrible DE because of his speed and lack of size. Meanwhile, Warren would suffer a bit as a 4-3 because he's a big powerful end, who would be more suited as a DT in that scheme.
To be honest, I wouldn't doubt if this is in next year. This would add tremendous depth for franchise. The only problem I would forsee happening is if you import NCAA draft classes because the game wouldn't know who is a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 OLB for example. Like this year, hand crafted draft classes would be ideal (but change the names and schools to avoid having set draft classes).

And in regards to Madden 06, I dont know why you guys haven't mentioned 07 for the PS2. It had the same progression, but had player roles which added a unique element to franchise. I remember drafting Troy Smith in the 6th round and he had the role of "developmental prospect." He never panned out for me, but it was nice to see which players had roles. I also had a 1st round running back labeled an "underachiever" because he rushed for 2,000 in 4 seasons (3.4 ypc) and went from a 84 to an 76. Fun times.