View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 06:24 AM   #618
PhillyPro
Banned

OVR: 4
Ok Ive had enough of this....Im bout to keep it 100% real

I went and made an account just so i can give a "real" review of this game
because i think too many people are quick to forget what 2k brough to the arena...and are wearing NBA LIVE blinders

I just played the demo....not bad....but thats where it stops

Pros

1. The handling and controls are fantastic (on offense at least) and you really feel like you have control over your players
2. The presentation is top knotch and the arena really has a living feel

and thats about it....im not going to list hustle plays and tip rebounds as pros because as far as im concerned...thats a failure on EA's behalf to incorporate those core gameplay dynamics years after the competiton

and i dont give out pity points....on to the cons

1. Every single year...i have to say something about these animations...the makers of this game need to understand they cannot simply build upon bad animations....but they need to fix the flawed system they use to tie in the different transitions they have between these player models

2. Graphics....we can sit here and say how hot these graphics are but if im playing on a 40 inch HDTV on an xbox elite with an HDMI hookup.....i should know who im shooting with...

and in that hangar the white guys were so white they looked like cartoon chalk.... and the black guys where so shiny...when i faced them towards the camera i could hardly see past the glare.... in 2k ...i never had this problem...dont tell me anything about EA's Art.... this isa BASKETBALL game....you are not creating art ...you are replicating a franchise... Get rid of these cel shaded characters....and deliver me a basketball game please.

3. The commentary....enough said

4. Maybe im just spoiled ....but can the clothes move in other areas other than the knees and waist? ....im jus sayin...

5. its way wayyyyy wayyyyyyy to easy to dunk under the basket...but nearly impossible to shoot a jumper in the paint... this alone tarnished my experience the most.

In conclusion...I believe this game is gonna be very enjoyable for those who buy it....but i am not gonna rate this game for what it is

It will be...as it should be...rated on a curve as compared to the current market leader 2k sports....

and i had to really focus on some of the downfalls to cut into some of this blind glorification im seeing on these boards...made my stomach turn.

Someone had the audacity to call this the best basketball sim....it aint bad....but if you think this is in any way more sim than the reigning champ....your delusional

this will probably be my last post....good day gentlemen