View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #8
RyanMoody21
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: why do i keep hearing negative things about pro-tak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
You do have control as stated in the strategy guide and in the back of the game manual. Just use the right stick to steer the person in the direction you want them to go.

Over all I like Pro Tak, it is a great step in the right direction. I played many games and I haven't seen people or the cpu in that matter break multiple tackles at a time. Nor have I seen them drag players far.
Well, I guess maybe it just boils down to playing time. I have a hard time imagining that a user hasn't seen a player break a gang tackle for a TD. I cant imagine that a user hasn't seen a player get drug as they "fall out" of a broken tackle. On the default All Pro or All Madden settings, I cant see it taking more than 30-40 games to see either of those.

Pro Tack was sold to us as "Dynamic" and a "Technology" that would respect players weight, speed and momentum.

Its already been proven that Pro Tack renders the hit stick mute a majority of the times. Its also been proven that Pro Tack has a strong tendency to suck players into the gang tackle animation. Just on those two examples alone, I beg to differ from a user control standpoint.