View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 03:27 AM   #13
Glorious Arc
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: All Madden I can sack the cpu 3/4 times with any DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
I have been saying this all along and it seems no one notices this but me. It is not because you have great stick skills. It is because something is broken when it comes to the LE or Strong side DE and strong OLB. I can sack the CPU 3/4 times too on both Madden and NCAA.

Here is what you do. Play with the Atlanta Falcons. Play a game player locked as the weak side DE Abraham who is a beast in real life and is rated a 94 or so in this game. It should be easier to get sacks with him than with the strong side DE because the TE or HB are usually there in pass protection as well. The RE has no one to beat usually but the left tackle. See how many sacks you can get with John Abraham.

Now, switch and play a whole game as the scrub LDE Jamaal "the only sack I got is between my legs" Anderson. He should not be able to get any sacks as he is rated about a 70 and blows. Try sprinting out wide and then coming back in. As soon as you engage a defender, lay off the sprint and flick the DE moves stick and then when you get close to the QB press X. I can do this all day with that scrub. I saw one guy doing this and he had 70 sacks in 8 games. It only works on the strong side, which makes no sense. Sometimes I will see the RG stand still and not even try to block anyone. I cannot even average one sack a game with the RE. It makes no sense.
That line explains why you get so many sacks. Pressing the X(dive button) activates a sack animation in which the QB can not throw the ball away and is automatically sacked. It can also be used against the run game and can make a RB do a "trip" animation in which I have yet to find a way to stop it. IMO this is as bad as the RC and nano blitz.(Grant it the QB does throw stupidly quick if any type of pressure is applied)

I still dont see why people say lay off of the sprint. If I am playing DE I can still get off almost instantly with a move while I hold sprint and I arrive at the QB at less then 2 seconds if I have a player who has 80 in either finesse or power move.

They need to tone down the dline responsiveness and win percentages from the user control and improve the AI in which the CPU controls your Dline to make them perform better. I will normally see a sack from the other 3 Dlinemen even if I have Mario Williams, Kevin Williams, Tommie Harris, and Robert Mathis on my line. A line like that IRL would easily rack up 50+ sacks.