View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
shep64
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The devs love to add a major feature (gimmick?) per year, so here's one for next

I'm not sure how much they can market blocking.

I know I would be interested if they overhauled blocking as I'm sure everyone here will but the problem is that outside of a few thousand people not many people care about making the game like real life. I've talked to a lot of my brothers friends and the majority of them think 09 was 'so much better' and their all 15-18. IDK if you noticed but 15-18 year old boys are kind of in EA's gaming wheelhouse. Those people spend a lot of money on entertainment.

I think in order to market something it has to sound amazing and world changing, pro-tak actually amazed me. Not that they put it in, but rather that they chose to make a big deal about it. You see other features were flashy and sounded world changing, while pro tak changed the game (and for the better most of us can agree, yes there are bugs but its going in the right direction) its hardly flashy. A 17 year old kid doesn't go... pro tak... now thats sim! Instead they go, player weapons! Now thats something I can use! I think to effectively market it has to be obscure and sound amazing.

Pro Bloc isn't something I would think they would want to market either (By the way any Dev's that read this you can use that "Pro Bloc" I'm awesome) but rather some other stupid gimmick that would sell disks.