View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #81
VDusen04
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Art Direction

All of these additions make me very happy. I frequent the Operation Sports 2K Basketball Wishlist quite often and I see all these great ideas for detailed and signature additions to the series but I always end up saying to myself, "Yeah, awesome, but would a company ever decide it'd be worthwhile to make these things inconsequential to actually gameplay happen?" I'm happy to say that it appears 2K gets it and they're going for the complete picture, not just isolated elements.

With that said, I'm still quite surprised they touched on as many details as they did (more accurate and varied cheerleader and mascot dances and movements?) I think it's all great. It certainly bridges the gap between reality and video game a bit. The small things are definitely special.

With that said, my favorite parts of the article were:

1) The picture of what appears to be the intro at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

and

2) The acknowledgment of retro jersey additions and adjustments. I hope they didn't take out too many but on that same hand I hope they added a considerable amount. Just the fact they decided to speak up and declare change for the first time since. . .mid PS2 times gets me hyped up. These can really help when creating and using classic teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove