View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #156
Stumbleweed
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K10 Video #1

Looked nice, though I saw the same ball warping issues on the alley-oops that I saw in the Combine (the LeBron one), and it didn't take going into replay mode to see it. Minor gripe, but I wish they'd figure out a way to address that -- probably something we'll see on the next generation of systems or something.

Loved the Lee putback -- those just add a lot of excitement to the game and the commentary was appropriate for the moment. I have a feeling that the yelling will turn into the "OHHHHHHH!" from the last 2 years, but still, it's nice to hear some good reaction from them on big plays. It was hard to tell if the post-play replay was happening immediately after the play or whether Steve edited it in, but I wish they'd show the replays during breaks in action instead of going to the replay and "G Moment of the Game" or whatever (Nash-J-Rich oop) right after the play since it disrupts the flow of the game itself. Again, not sure how that worked, but just a thought.

Definitely looks like a polished version of the Combine, which I suppose isn't a bad thing. I'm still in "have to play it myself before buying" mode, but this video got my hopes up more than they've been in a while. Glad to hear from Pared and others that movement feels a little better as well as defense.

Big concern at this point are the framerate issues and how that will translate to online games, especially Team-Up since that's what I play about 75% of the time. It was such a horrendous mess last year, I really hope they get that under control for release, because it would be a shame to implement the new Crews and all that and the gameplay is chugging. Sadly, I kind of expected framerate issues after the debacle last year, and I guess I was right... they need to figure out a way to have an active crowd without getting that slowdown on certain cameras. Personally, I'd take a scaled-back crowd if the game ran buttery smooth.