Old 09-28-2009, 01:16 AM   #35
Locker
Rookie

Locker's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite1347
Yes I know and understand both and now with 100% certantity neither matter. You will get Easter Eggs with or without the Easter Bunny and Madden will play the same with or without ratings..

Case in point - So I edited my entire Cowboy OL to all be rated 12 in every category (lowest you can go) -- So basically the level of a ankle biter team. Took them to the practice field and played -- waiting to seem them dominated and fold like a cheap suit. But to my surprise little difference.. Held their own and then some..

Hmm.. Must be a fluke. Lets go play a game against the Giants -- One of the best DL's in the game.. Played exactly the same.. In fact Barber averaged 4.3 ypc! Come on I say.. Well definitely the franchise mode will reveal these little girls to be the phonies a 12 rating has to be..

Nope.. Played one game and similar results and then simmed the season.. Yes Dallas finished 9-7 and Barber averaged 4.4 ypc!

Please tell me the Easter Bunny matters.. Wake me up and tell me all this tweaking, drafting, and aligning my dominant team means something.
Your thread made me curious so I did the same... I dropped every Seahawk offensive lineman to a 12 overall and dropped John Carlson's block ratings down to 0. All of the lineman had a 15 rating in strength. I simmed six games and sure enough, Julius Jones was fifth in the NFL in rushing, averaging 4.5 YPC. Hasselbeck was only sacked 9 times in six games...

Then I actually played a game on All-Madden and Justin Forsett had 18 carries for 102 yards.

So ridiculous. It's official, the only ratings that matter are speed, throw power, throw accuracy and the "sexy" ratings. Nothing else matters. If you want realistic football, Madden just isn't it. I just finally accepted that today. It's horrible but it's the truth.

No more Madden for me. I don't mean that as a threat or an immature comment either. Just an honest comment from a lifelong EA customer. I've just had it with this series. Hopefully exclusivity dies a quick death because the consumer is getting screwed year in and year out with this crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove