Old 09-28-2009, 04:17 AM   #7
KBLover
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Ratings in APF2K8 and Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
Alright, first off, every game of Madden feels the exact same. It doesn't matter who the CPU QB is. Whether it's Peyton Manning, Jay Cutler, Dree Brees, or Jarmacus Russell. All of them play the exact same.
I greatly disagree.

My Ravens franchise and my Raiders franchise and my fantasy Bucs franchise all feel very different in the passing game.

Completing passes with Russell is a nightmare (as is Josh Freeman...), while using Sanchez is more reliable if I call a west coast style game, while Flacco is streaky. Pat White let's me fear the blitz less...though when I escape and throw the ball - pray.

On defense - I feel the difference between fast and slow LBs. I feel the difference between the 3-4 and 4-3 (I hate the 4-3). I feel the difference between having a good D-Line and one that's pretty darn average.

Quote:
The same goes with defense. This is my huge beef with Madden. In APF2K8, I dare you to throw in the vicinity of Charles Woodson or a gold corner. They can totally take your receiver out of the game. That is, you can't sneak any money plays on them. Slant? Nope, they'll jump it and pick it. Over the top? They'll stay step for step with your WR and bat it down. Screen? You'll get rocked.
Wow - sounds like the DBs are too good! Even the best DBs in real life give up completions and occassional big plays. This sounds like they stop anything and everything that comes their way.

Quote:
In Madden, I can spam the same play, game in and game in, pre-patch or post patch, year in and year out, and go 16-0. I can't do that in APF2K8. Why? Their AI is marginally better. Madden needs a system like APF2k8, it's as simple as that. If EA stays on the same track, it just goes to show you how arrogant they are.
Heck, I can't go 16-0 in Madden. I guess I suck or have made my sliders too hard for me *shrug* I'm currently 1-2 with my Raiders franchise, 4-2 with my Ravens franchise, and 2-1 with my fantasy Bucs franchise.