Vast
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K10 Q&A: Retail Copy in Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Thanks for helping him out fellas.

I have to say, I had a few bad games last night, and I'm not sure if my sliders were the culprit. I went back to default and for some odd reason the AI is continually forcing a lot of shots in the paint. It could be possible once you change something in the tendency sliders it breaks something... not sure, this is COMPLETE SPECULATION on my part.

With that said, I'll be deleting the data and starting over fresh. Game was solid out of the box but what I'm seeing now are some problems from 2k9. The paint just isn't being defended well enough by my teammates and the CPU covers it well. Again, could be my sliders broke some algorithm in the AI.

There is ONE huge issue that can't be overlooked. It needs to be addressed. In fact, I think it was an issue with 2k9 vs. the CPU. Athletic bigs, when they are running down the middle of the paint after a made basket or change of possession, are being thrown alley oops. My big man is not in position to defend a good % of the time, and instead of standing his ground when in the paint, he will follow the offensive player, leading to easy oops by the CPU. And the CPU takes advantage of this...

I have two problems with the issue.

1) The CPU shouldn't be attempting this as often as they do.

2) My defender should be aware enough to impede Noah's position to no allow something like this to happen.

Instead of my defenders playing man-you-basket positioning, they are off to the side of their man, allowing them ample room to slip by if they get turned around or any other little misstep.

There are times where the AI is running a nice, organized offense, exploiting mismatches and really attacking the user. And there are others where the CPU just sets up shop, then goes inside because of the post defenders inability to keep their men in front of them.
The one thing that was bugging me at first, and takes time getting used to... is this year on defense there is like an auto movement applied to your player. that if you sag off the man your defending and he doesn't have the ball, it kind of keeps you in the proper position... but it has also slightly moved me out of position at times, especially when trying to defend the Alley Oops. Or in the paint.

Now im kinda used to it, but i haven't heard Pared or Mo mention it, so i figured you guys should know. I haven't checked to see if its an option and can be turned off, but im hoping it can.
Cuz there are tons of contact off ball animations in the paint, so keeping your man out of the paint or bodying him up is not difficult.