Old 09-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #57
Glorious Arc
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
My point exactly. There is no physics engine in Madden

If there was a physics engine in Madden a 170 lbs punter couldn't push off a 350 lbs DT even if he had 99 STR and superior blocking skills, because the 350 lbs DT would simply weigh too much. Which would also have an affect on drafting in Madden's Franchise Mode, as a 6'0" 280-some O-Lineman would be unattractive, despite a high potential.

Furthermore you could incorporate that a 350 lbs DT with 99 ACC shouldn't be able to accelerate as fast as a 175 lbs. WR with 99 ACC. And that the acceleration/movement of the heavy guy should have a higher impact on fatigue. Twice the body mass needs twice the force to obtain the same acceleration (Newton's Second Law of Motion), so they should tire faster.

But since there are no physics in Madden, your idea of making the actual ratings work in the first place and even impose rating caps sound like a brilliant idea
I agree with most of this.

The part I dont agree with is the ACC. If someone is fast then they are fast. If they are explosive they are explosive. If I have a 300 pound man who runs a 40 yard dash in 4.6 seconds and a 150 pound man who runs it in 4.6 seconds they in theory are just as fast/explosive as each other. The only difference is the bigger man will have more momentum.(I understand 40 times are not good tools to use sometimes but it gets the point across)

In most cases, Oline and Dline are more explosive or just as explosive as most of the skill position. They just dont have the strength to get to the same speed and the end of the 40 dash is significantly slower. In the 10 yard dash though they show similar/better times.

The bigger guys normally tire quicker then the smaller ones but there are some freaks that are big and dont tire. I think that should be handled case by case with the fatigue ratings.