View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #8
Tick32
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Poll: Please post your honest opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
I am a 2Ker, so I might sound biased. I am used to playing NFL 2K5 franchise mode, so I am a little nit-picky of what you can and cannot do so, this is my honest opinion about it.

The Franchise in Madden is like a chore, although an improvement from Madden 09 - there still is a lot of problems. The IR is bad, when you get an injured player you HAVE to release him. You put him on IR it wont free up a spot. If you lose 5 players for the year, you have to release them - no matter if its Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Bob Sanders, Joseph Addai, Dallas Clark - they cannot stay on your team, they're taking up space.

Contract signings for Rookies is ridiculous and a game-killer for me. You go to sign a top rookie and he does not want that desired pay (like in real life) BUT the downfall if you don't sign them, they take the original offer from other teams. Say you draft Carlos Dunlap and the price for him is 400,000 but hes asking for 800,000. You don't sign him, the CPU will take him for 400,000. Really big problem.

The AFL gimmick package they're selling and the Max Packs are ridiculous. AFL only works for one year. EA is making us pay even more for a game to keep a player out of retirement, scouting reports, all this non-sense that used to be free with 'Madden Cards' back in the day. They are taking advantage of the licensing and its as Gideon Prime says 'abuse of capitilism.'

Franchise, is it manageable? If you aren't a hardcore football fan, then you're good - but putting your effort into progressing players, ordering your depth chart for no reason when the ratings and attributes do not mean a thing. Honestly, it is just like a placebo.

Alternatives: I say you should go and buy NFL 2K5, update the rosters (which is free), you get the schedule, and at the end of the year the real draft class WITHOUT purchasing an NCAA game.

EDIT: Also, the playoff seeding is incorrect.
Im not a 2ker but i hav to say that 2k is better now. Old maddens were better, but now madden sucks cuz they dont try anymore since they hav license. Plus i played the APF 2k8 demo 2 days ago. and that was better than the full game of Madden