View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 12:12 AM   #33
Mofficial
Rookie

OVR: 22
Re: Phillip Rivers arm strength??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpotatohead5
Just curious instead of complaining or suggesting a change about a number, have you had issues in game with Rivers not being able to throw the ball far enough?

I have yet to see enough of a difference or any issue with any throw power in the game, it seems to me and i'm not trying to start this battle here as well that just Speed, Accel, and Throwing Accuracy is all that really matters, all quarter backs seem to have the same arm strength when playing to me.
My point exactly. I think many people just want peoples's stats to be increased just for the sake of it. I really think EA actually captured players really well this year.

And I play with Rivers and the bolts ALL THE TIME! and to me I can throw it deep as well as he can in real life. I don't understand. Do people find that when they play with Rivers they can't throw the ball deep? I like his Throw Power and DAC. They look underrated, but I think they may be the most misleading ratings in Madden. I try to play as similarly to the teams in IRL when I play madden and so I throw it deep quite a bit during each game... and man am I satisfied with Rivers and Jackson... well I make due with Jackson but I'm fine with Rivers.

I really think Jackson's overall should be between an 88-90 but that may just be me. And his speed should be around an 85 (i can't remember what it is right now) He's really not that fast. He just has great moves and great size and strength to get open and passed defenders and get position. And then he hands that size and strength not only in his body, but his hands as well to bring the ball down. And I think Madden actually captures this very well. Because for whatever reason (I think his release and beat press ratings are in the 90s) he can get behind DBs and I can just lob it and place it perfectly for him to get it! And this is with my QB Acc and WR Catch sliders at 10 and 30-35 respectively (and the cpu DB reaction time at around 75) and the speed threshold at 60.

They're ratings really seem fine I just wish Jackson's overall would be higher and his speed a nudge higher just for aesthetic or superficial satisfaction but they actually seem fine where they are.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac