View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #90
Stylez777
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: worst madden ever

I have had a lot of gripes with Madden games over the years. I have not played this years madden much so I cannot make a comment on it.

What I can say is what I have said for years:

1- I wish they would go back and totally re-write the OL/DL AI scripting. They way the OL/DL react to each other is totally unrealistic compared to a real NFL football game. This is also compared to CPU and Human. The Human OL/DL never does the same thing the CPU OL/DL does no matter what you set sliders too. This needs to be evened out so they react the same for both parties. Though a total re-right of the AI logic and the animations would go a long way. Case in point: Dwight Freeny is on my DL he is going 1-on-1 with a Tackle he is going to get to the QB a few times in the game maybe not a sack but a hurry or force the QB to move in the pocket. In madden this doesn't happen he either end's up dancing with the OL for 15 seconds or ends up on the floor. Blocking schemes need to be changed as well as the rushing scheme. The whole code and animations should be redone for OL and DL. DB/WR animations could be tweaked also to mimic real life counter parts.

2- This is not gameplay related but when I play madden I hate that my ears bleed listening to the Play-by-play! I thought madden was bad but I'd wish they bring him back compared to what they had the past few years! Is it really that hard to get someone in their who could do some decent play-by-play?

3- Most NFL passing games are done by timing routes. I'd like to see this implemented more in madden. Fade route down by the goal line seem to never work in any madden year though it's very popular pass in the NFL. I'd like to see stop-n-goes have some kind of effect, double move routes setting up the safties using the pump fake (it seems only DL tend to jump when you use this)

Again I have yet to play This years Madden very much but these where thing I was asking for back in 06. little things like 2 and 3 would enhance the enjoyment of this game. Something major like #1 needs to be redone so we can finally stop having to come up with super schemse to move LB's and DL into certain spots to exploit the AI to get some pressure on the QB.