View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #94
Glorious Arc
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryMurphMan
I think everyone agrees with putting whoever on the o-line and seeing unrealistic blocking animations and simmed stats. My question though is has anyone tested this on the other end with stud o-line men to see if the there's a least a difference in how the game plays and/or how the stats are simmed?

So yes, it's certainly unrealistic for an o-line made of punters/kickers to pave the way for Justin Forsett (or whoever it was in this post) to get 4.3 YPC. But if this o-line was made up of a bunch of Pro Bowl 90+ rated Center/Guard/or Tackle studs are we seeing a increase in this YPC?? or a noticable difference in how the game plays (more pass protection, bigger/better running lanes from RB's)? I'm just holding onto a hope that yes this is broke at it's core but maybe not throughout...

Sounds like everyone's tested the o-line on the bottom side of ratings, just curious if anyone's tested it at the top end....
So far with 99 overall linemen I am averaging 5-10 seconds of sitting in the pocket against the Vikings, Colts, and Giants. I used a single back set with 4 WRs and 1 RB the RB takes off on a route. The defense uses a 4 man rush from the Dline. The fastest sack was 4.38 seconds but every other play was in the 5 second range. I had a total of 2 plays that lasted 15.28 and 14.75 seconds long. I did ten plays with each team for a total of 30 downs. I will edit my post when I compare results with an overall 12 line.(This is All-Pro with no adjustments to the game aside my linemen)

I didnt bother to check what the times were with the vikings or giants. With only the colts tested on ten downs the times were as followed.

There was an obvious time difference from 99 to 12. I was going to try and test the CPU with the same line but the QB for the CPU throws the ball at about 1-3 seconds with the 12 overall line before a Dlinemen gets to him and with the 99 line he throws it about 3-6 seconds every play.

Results for rushing are a bit different. I used Ronnie Brown at HB and took the 99 overall line against the vikings. I used cover 1 out of the 4-3 and I used I-form set and ran the Iso. The 99 line would typically get a solid push and hold the line until Brown was past and if the CPU could run the ball he would have gained 5+ yards every down but sometimes he would run away from the SS or FS. With the 12 overall line Brown was getting anywhere from -1 to 4 yards a carry. He made more logical choices running with that line then with the 99 line. The 12 overall line would almost never push the Dline and they were often times shed and/or being pushed by the Oline to the side as they try and keep up with the Dline.

They arent big differences but they are there IMO. If you have someone with 12 overall as an Olinemen across the board he would look like a 14 year old freshmen who plays WR in the NFL. He should get pancaked and beat around constantly. The lower rated players still have some chance to make a play but like I said IMO it is to much of a chance. The 99 overall players on the other hand do dominate most of the time. I am about to run against the vikings.

With the 99 overall line, I averaged well over 5+ yards. I had several plays that were 10 yard runs without doing much work besides following the blockers. I saw Kevin Williams get into the back field 4 times out of 20 or so runs. I broke him twice, dragged him forward 4 yards once, and he dropped me for a 1 yard loss. I also had one 30 yard TD run which Brown broke out of pro-tac and walked in.

With the overall 12 line, I maybe averaged 2-4 yards if you count the 8 and 10 yard runs. Williams ate me alive. He was off his block and tackled me at the LOS or for a loss 9 times out of a total of 20 plays. Most of the yards earned were by Brown breaking tackles or by him falling forward.

All in all, the line does matter. Do your own tests on all pro and see for yourself. They may not matter on All Madden but that is a horse of a different color. All pro=Line ratings matter

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 09-29-2009 at 05:11 PM.