OVR: 20
Re: Should I download Patch #1 or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Two things I would say patch #1 accomplished for the better:

1. eliminated holding penalty glitch on FG's

2. improved run blocking for a more realistic run game

Three things patch #1 accomplished for the worse:

1. created some sort of frame-rate glitch, so when RB's are in a sprint they have a weird hesitation in their step, essentially slowing them down? VERY annoying!

2. defensive pursuit angles have actually been made worse as far as I can tell.

3. weird glitch where pop-up banners will come up during your games, but discuss Bengal's history rather than the team that is playing???

Well going by this, I will def not worry about downloading it. The pros of it I can handle not having, as I just turned holding slider down, and it seems to help alot. Maybe it's just my luck tho cuz I don't see it happening alot anyway. When it happens against the CPU I always decline the penalty just to make it realistic. Next time I get one on me, I'll try pausing it and controller select cpu team and see if I can decline it lol... Doubt it will work, but worth a shot!

As far as running goes, I honestly have a good consistent running game. One rule I came up with for myself, is once I get "ganged up" on by tacklers, not to hold up on the right stick, cuz it seems to allow me to break free unrealistically alot of times and run for a TD. So as soon as I am contacted by two or more tacklers I let go of the right stick.

CPU is up and down for their run game. I set sliders as worse as I could do. Jacobs for NYG tears me up every game! And am pretty happy with results I get. Could be better, but could be worse too, so I'll take what I got.

The cons you're speaking of I could not handle, except the banner thing, I can deal with that, it'd just be annoying. But the fram-rate thing with the RB I couldn't handle cuz it wasn't a problem before. And if it really is worse pursuit angles, that would be a game killer for me. I really just wish I could get the roster update without the patch.. Needs to be an option

Maybe I can save my roster file on a USB, then delete game data on my ps3... restart game again, and copy roster file onto ps3 for game. Would that work? Or does the roster update only work if the itself is updated as well?