View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 05:55 AM   #539
iltd
Rookie

OVR: 2
After trying both demos, I have decided to go for live. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE 2k NBA games. Been going with 2k since 06. However, I just feel that the things that I hate in 2k9, while still persistent in 2k10, doesn't occur in live 10. For one, the post-up game is not a sure way to score in live 10.

Another factor is that I noticed that the things I was looking for in 2k9 (or what 2k9 was missing) was implemented in live10 or at least was implemented better in live10. Mid-range game is better, mismatches are more evident (speedy players can blow by big players), momentum system is great, handling is very fluid, etc...

I'm not saying 2k10 sucks. It's more of, live was able to match 2k9 at the very least (yes nine) and at the same time, was also able to implement the things that I was looking for last year. 2k10 on the other hand, is an uber polished version of 2k9, which I guess makes it good or bad depending on how you look at it. Again, 2k10 isn't a bad game. I just personally like the stuff you can do with live10. (Plus, live10 feels like a sim now, something I loved about 2k NBA games)