Old 09-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #129
RaiderKtulu
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
Are you honestly expecting me to believe that Madden doesn't have enough animations for the game engine to say, "hey, this guy is only a 12 in blocking, let's let him get manhandled by Justin Tuck." I've seen enough animations where Olinemen spin in a circle or look away from a pass rusher, so why not just have these animations play for a punter.

The fact that a punter was used in this scenario is irrelevant. The point was to show any player with a 12 in a block rating can hold their own at a level comprable to that of a 99 rated Olinemen. Madden not having a specific animation for a punter at oline isn't the problem, it's that they don't have any animations or logic for an awful player at that line. It isn't that we are doing something to break the logic of the game, it is that there is no logic to begin with.

Time to take off the fanboy glasses dude. There is no way you can defend a company with the resources of EA to allow such ridiculous and unrealistic things to happen in madden.
Because there's no reason that a guy with a 12 blocking rating should ever be on the line. None of the actual linemen are rated that low. None of the rookie classes have linemen rated that low. It's not a situation that should happen. What reason would someone ever have to stick a guy rated that low on the line unless they were trying to cheat? "I can't beat this defensive Madden Moment, so I'm gonna make the other team *really* bad first".

Oh, and yes, call me a fanboy. I love that. I've never played anything other than Madden... *cough*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fanboy.jpg (78.0 KB, 94 views)