Old 10-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #173
sois
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
i just dont see why people are labelled whiners for complaining about things being calculated incorrectly, things promised to be in the game but not included, or things that dont work as they should.

If anyone of us did this at our jobs, we would be fired. Yet you expect me to praise Ian and his team for getting close or improving on last year. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
That's what I don't get. What is the point of calling us whiners? Would you guys oppose the game using ratings correctly? I will never understand that. It's not like we are whining about hand towels. Ratings affect so many parts of the game.

I wish they would strip the game and start over on the OL. Here is how I would do it:

1. Start with "initial push". This should factor in velocity (weight, speed, acceleration, direction), strength and a dice roll. Simple stuff. That determines the direction of the push. Haynesworth versus Gramatica should yield 99.999% of the time move in the favor of Haynesworth due to the attributes of the players.

2. Determin the "win". Reroll using the same parameters. Using the example above, Haynesworth would 99.999% of the time push Gramatica over and continue on to the next assignment.

If you use these few simple attributes, you can develop a solid system. You just need to have the appropriate animations. You need:

1. Push - DL winning
2. Push - OL winning
3. Pancake, knockdown, shove (OL winning animation)
4. Rip, swim, club (DL winning)

There don't even have to be a lot of them. What do yall think?