Old 10-01-2009, 03:23 PM   #17
kingzfan2000
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: In 3 attempts I can't beat a cheeser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
^ cheezer
Actually no, Im not a cheeser. My record online is 17-50 so if Im a cheeser Im not a very good one. I personally go for it on 4th down depending on the situation. Usually between my 45 and their 35 I will go for it on fourth downs.

There are many factors for why I would go for it on fourth down. The main one being that with the accelerated clock on and 5 min quarters, if you give the ball up there was a good possibility you would not get it back that half. Offensive possessions were very important with accelerated clock so it was best to do as much as you could with each offensive possession.

Secondly the defense (at least my defense) was just plain bad. No pass rush unless you blitz, man coverage was pretty bad, zone coverage of underneath routes was horrible, flats coverage was horrible, so its like whats the point of punting just to have my opponent expose the horrible defensive ai and just throw into the flats or drag routes all while eating up the clock.

Now having said this can somebody explain why it is cheesing to go for it on fourth down under the circumstances and for the reasons I have explained here?

Last edited by kingzfan2000; 10-01-2009 at 03:26 PM.