View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #202
Dianwei32
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
This is really all anybody needs to know about your opinions on this forum.

Why are you here? If you love the game, what are you doing here? If EA fixes the things us "whiners" are complaining about, you are still going to love the game, so what's the deal? What is your MO?

I'm sorry I can't go back in time and unlearn the dumbness of this game. For example, I wish I never knew about DB's knowing your routes and breaking on them before the receivers do. Now that is another thing I don't like about the game. We live in the information era. This isn't the 50's.

I just want Madden to express football. I don't want to play Maddenball, I want to play football. I want to give this company my $$$ and I'm trying to help them figure out how to do this.
I think that his point is that there is a difference between understanding that the game is flawed, but enjoying it anyway, and purposefully going out and looking for all the different ways the game is flawed and complaining about them.

I've watched a bunch of the videos that various people (apex, RMoody, versuz and others) have made, but I've also only seen one or two of the many things they find wrong with the game actually happen while I was playing. Remember, when you're watching the videos, you're only seeing what they want you to see, so they very well could have run a play 1000 times before getting the thing they are showing in the video to happen.

Is Madden flawed? yea, but it can be compensated to a degree with slider adjustments, and the problems that remain after that are minor enough or infrequent enough that the game is still enjoyable. Is it frustrating when my top-ranked run defense gives up 150 yards and 2 TDs in one game? Yea, but it happens in real life too, so it's hard to get too upset about it.