View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #215
Argooos
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I'm sorry man, but desiring the ratings to matter is not "going out and looking for all the different ways the game is flawed".

I am a die hard franchise mode player. I HATE that the OL means nothing. This essentially gives you more money than the other teams since you don't have to worry about which OL you sign. What fun is that? If I can sign ANY OL and compete as if I had a competent OL, then the mode is ruined for me.

I want to feel some desperation if my line sucks. I want to be dreaming of a franchise tackle in the draft. I want a hard nosed veteran center who can handle huge the nose tackles in the AFC North.

If these BASIC ratings don't matter (strength & weight), then what am I wasting my time for?

Offline gaming IS dead if this is not fixed.

The only way I can still play and enjoy franchise is by using my imagination and pretending that the ratings matter in this game. Sometimes I wish I had never come to these forums because then I would be blissfully enjoying the game, never knowing that there are so many flaws in it.
I always knew that weight meant nothing in these games, but that strength and blocking ratings are also meaningless is really truly heartbreaking. I mean, if these ratings are meaningless, what is the point of it all?
The really scary thing is that EA may never fix this because that might mean that they would have to acknowledge the fact that the blocking ratings mean nothing. As it now stands only a small portion of Madden consumers know about this issue. If EA announced that they fixed it, they would also be announcing that they'd been lying to us all along. And yes, I do consider it a form of lying when there are aspects of the game presented as very important (in franchise we have to shell out big money for highly rated O-linemen even though there is no difference between them and scrub O-linemen) when they are in fact meaningless.
Until recently I have been relatively happy with Madden. I focused my energy mostly on what needs to be added to the game to make it better. The more I learn, however, the more I am beginning to understand that this game is much worse than it appears. To anyone who knows and understands football, that is. If all you want is an arcade style game that allows to you play some fun games, Madden is perfect. If you want a game that truly replicates the game of football, this isn't the game for you. Unfortunately there are no other options if you happen to be an NFL fan. *SIGH*
Advertisements - Register to remove