View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:47 AM   #76
txfalconfan
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: expansion draft exposed players

Looks real good mngophers! I looked at the couple lists up but went with what I thought since id already done a "sim expansion" team. I also made an LV team, the Devils. I tried to make sure I picked 1 84+ OVR 10 yr+ OL with a big cap and rest of my team looks similar to yours.

In fact I just finished setting it all up tonight and I also have ol j.watkins, ol j.nesbit, cb f.smoot, cb n.vasher, and cb m.mickens. I replaced the rams and kept their rookies and decided not to keep another player from the rams for the "dispersement draft" because I already had a good 77 a rookie LB and a 84 A OL rookie from keeping the rams rookies.

When i "build" a team I like to have what i want in players. QB needs to have 90+ thr pwr and 70+ dac. For Rb's I have to have a bigger power back with 90+ trucking and one with 92+ speed to mix it up. For safeties i want bigger ss's and zone cov. rating of 75+. For Cb's, 85+ spd, 5'10"+ height and 80+ man cov rating. I want fast De's and 295+ LB DT's with 86+ strength. I also have to have a mix at wr. 1 must be 6'2" or taller and one 93+ speed and maybe even one that can just flat out catch. Just some of the things I always look for in players for my team.

Your offense looks pitiful so i would probably try to trade for an rb. Draft is gonna take time (seasons). I would have probably grabbed a couple decent vet fa OL too cuz your line is young and not too good. A new team like this shouldnt have depth but I have a feeling you might do a detroit in your 1st year and from doing my last chise like this, 3+ years of 3-13 type records and I cant get alot of good fa's to sign with my team.

I grabbed lfrom Fa's...LB B.Bailey, Lb d.brooks, wr m. harrison, De KGB and rookie rb S.Makino (hes pretty good, speed and truck). For my qbs I have b.leftwich and c.simms. Rb's I have L.maroney, J.charles, C.henry and s.makino. Wr's I have a.randel el, m.harrison, a.caldwell& rams rookie b.foster. My best ovr is probably the rams rookie 84 OVR OL.

Im excited to get started, exp draft is done, dispersment draft is done and I feel all of the ex rams went to teams with needs. S.jackson to cle I think. I cant remember but i worked out well. Some teams def. got better and I helped the skins with their cap situation by grabbing smoot and someone else to save them 7+ mill that they desperately needed.

Im contemplating taking it slower this time and maybe even controlling all 32 teams so i can help them make good moves. After 1st chise I did replacing bills, I let cpu sign ex bills and N.E. kept all their Rbs and still signed M.Lynch. I was shaking my head at that one for ahile. I think i know why thought after looking...their avg OVR for RB was like 75 and one of the lowest in the league. But I look at it as the Pats have 4 75 Ovr Rb's. Not bad but I guess cpu wants them to have a STUD!