Old 10-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #236
sois
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
And if the facts were the ratings don't matter, then how do you explain being able to rush ball effectively and/or have time to throw in the pocket one game vs a team with an average defensive line, and then not be able to run the ball and/or have to resort to 3 step drop passes in the other because your offensive line can't keep the ends off of you?
The ends don't justify the means. You want to know how I explain being able to run the ball effectively? Heavy doses of suction blocking and morphing. It's irritating to have your LB in correct position only to have a center slide over and negate him from the play.

I used to "resort" to three step drops when playing "tough" defensive fronts. I would convince myself that "hey, I'm playing the stealers, I better make quick reads and I won't even think about running the ball against that dominating front seven". But in reality, it was all in my head.

Once I actually noticed Eric freakin' Ghiaciuc was blocking Casey Hampton straight up every single play, I gave up the dream.