Old 10-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #254
countryboy
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Playcalling can possibly explain those things.
What difference in playcalling can there be when its the front 4 DL vs the 5 OL? Outside of crashing in/out, left out or being aggressive/pinching or shading left or right?

I'm not talking about LB's or DB's getting in the backfield. Or coming up to help with the run. I'm saying that DL vs OL specifically, I've seen where guys such as Dumervil will completely dominate the line, but someone less potent than him will not. Is that ratings based or just a predetermined/random thing?

Quote:
However, nothing can explain undrafted rookie free agents being able to hang with an all pro defensive line. Please conduct an experiment yourself. Fire all of your OL and hire pure scrubs. I guarantee you will have successful games and you will have unsuccessful games.

You should never have success with a UFL level OL in the NFL.
based off of this post I have a question. If I hire an all scrub OL(meaning everyone is lower than my weakest player that starts) and dominate the Broncos front 4, then that would mean the outcome is predetermined/random correct? Because with my starting 5, the Broncos, actually Dumervil, dominated my OL.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals