Old 10-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #263
KBLover
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
*How can one game a DL dominate the LOS where the RB is stonewalled at the line when trying to run up the game, but in a different game the RB has holes to run through?
Randomness. Just like I can replay a quarter of a game 10 times and sometimes getting 5 seconds to throw and sometimes running for my life from the start.

Quote:
*How do you go from constantly being under pressure from one defensive front four, but the next game you have 5-7 secs to sit back in the pocket and make your reads?
Randomness. Granted, randomness will be there even if ratings have superb differences in effectiveness, but if that randomness doesn't change based on ratings, then it doesn't matter.

The thing is two games, or replaying the same game two times doesn't indicate much. Now if testing those two games with all CPU and HUM sliders at 50 consistently showed a difference between those two games, then that would show more of a ratings influence (sample size large enough to decrease the chance that things are just the result of randomness, but instead are the presence of other factors).

Quote:
So is it the varying ratings of teams OL vs DL that is causing the varying outcomes or is it a predetermined program type thing?
My view is it's mostly randomness. Just like if you played a baseball game and all hitters had the same attributes. Some of them will end up with different stats than others just from randomness.

OL seems similar. Perhaps ratings matter a little, but overall it just feels the same exact way.