View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 02:40 AM   #13
JoeC
Look Watch

JoeC's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: LaDanian Tomlinson still a Madden Elite? WTF?!

I dont understand that not understanding Madden and the NFL comment. If we go by your logic that LT would be good on another team but a scrub on the Chargers then isnt that saying more about the Chargers run blocking than LT. If that is your arguement then the Chargers OLine needs lower run blocking. You made no sense at all with that post sure you would say Moss gave 93 production with the Raiders and 99 with the Pats but thats not his fault its the difference in Kerry Collins his QB with the Raiders and Tom Brady not Moss. Moss would still be the 99 no matter what but it would be the poor play of the QB that would lower his stats. LT is not done and I am a Raiders fan and hate the Chargers with a passion but he is not done. Sure he is not elite and never will be again but he is still a serviceable starter that I believe a lot of teams in the league would be more than happy to take off of the Chargers hands. As for your comment that he isnt better than Jamal Lewis I think you are dead wrong their he is a way better all around back than Lewis. He picks up the blitz better has better hands better speed better cut back ability. Sure he has lost some speed and a little bit of cut back ability but I would take a 100% healthy LT over Lewis, Addai, Larry Johnson and several other starters. People look at his poor production against the Steelers a very good D and a team that jumped out to a huge lead and forced the Chargers away from the run. Really we have nothing from this to base an arguement on LT being done. He was having a decent game against the Raiders got hurt and then made his return against one of the best and most physical defenses in the league. Now if in 4 or 5 more games LT is averaging 2.5 YPC then maybe we could revisit this and say yes he is done but I think we will start seeing some good games from him in the next couple of weeks to shut his critics up. Having said all that yes he is rated to high in Madden and should be 85-87 range but he is not a scrub and is still better than a lot of backs in the league.