View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #36
Ian_Cummings
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: Ian Cummings now has his own Sub-Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
The point is that Ian shouldn't need thicker skin or better coping skills. This forum is a mess and rather than presenting constructive criticism, many would rather repeatedly gripe and accuse both EA and Ian of various evils.

That said, I don't know that this is indicative of anything more than him centralizing for mass information. A lot of people don't bother to come to OS, and Ian or Phil (maybe both?) have mentioned getting the EA forums cleaned up to be that place.

We'll see, but I imagine Ian's lack of regular presence here right now is more due to there being nothing constructive to come from it, rather than him running away. Just my .02.
You pretty much nailed it sir. Not that there isn't valid feedback coming from here, I still read here almost daily, but it's that me constantly communicating hasn't given me any perceived value. It's a pretty miserable experience to spend all night writing back and forth only to have an army of guys follow me into each thread to virtually degrade me about time-shift tackling or some other buzzword of the day. For those saying I need to develop thicker skin - I think I have the thickest skin on the planet dealing with this forum. I guarantee that it's thicker than any person out there in gaming after what I have read this year. So leave that alone - I'm not running away because my feelings are hurt - I'm just not spending all my time answering your questions and concerns individually. We've decided that lately it's better for me to just lurk and pull information, and communicate back down more sporadically with big chunks of news (instead of answering one question at a time)...and this is the same approach we're taking on the EA forums. I'm not on there constantly - I just post questions, gather all the feedback, and then go from there.

Last edited by Ian_Cummings; 10-09-2009 at 09:07 AM.