View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
astarr
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Scripting plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Oh, and one more thing. I see you've got a some draws integrated into your playcalling. This is the one play I almost never call and I'd really like to master. I'd like to know your secret, do you slide protection or anything special? I play on All-Madden default sliders, does that make a difference?
I play on Bill Harris sliders. He is still tweaking post-patch. I anticipate it will get more difficult to run. However, I practice all my plays usually about 5 times apiece. If I am tight on time, I don't do as many reps on the plays I really like.

I hate draws, PA, and screens. So I practice them sometimes 10 to 15 times apiece. With draws I have noticed that the key for me is to allow the blocking to develop so that you don't cut off the OLine from making their blocks. I also don't speed burst until I am in the hole, that allows me to "save" a juke that I use to springboard me into a cutback. That allows me to break it outside. I actually think the way the camera moves in a draw play makes it more difficult to run out of. I am getting better at them. I am getting some good yardage even before I break tackles.