View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 02:01 AM   #6
Jason_19
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MattUMD224 and Jason_19 PS3 Rosters

Matt told me that he is out of town for the weekend.

I was supposed to make some changes, but I didn't have as much free time as I thought I might. I had a small list of around 30 something players to correct (attributes, faces, size and equipment) that I started off with. Matt wanted me to do the Pac-10, but I just didn't have the time. I spent a few hours just trying to figure out the new attribute system and which ratings effect the overalls and how much they factor in. When Matt gets back, I'm sure he plans to start making changes again.

Now, to be clear, we haven't really discussed how we plan on rating players when looking at it from a "big board" perspective. EA has changed the overall rating system from past versions of NCAA Football. Many more attributes effect a player's overall rating now. It's almost impossible to rate fast players correctly without having their overall ratings too high. It's really difficult when they're a great player who has excellent speed.

We each have our own scales and bases, so, if they're too different, I don't know how much I can help out. We haven't even really discussed that part yet, but I do know that he used to rate players almost exactly like I used to on our PS2 NCAA Football roster sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
Does this mean you're not going to try to make guys (at least the higher profile ones) look like themselves? So we might see a blond hair/blue eye Tim Tebow or Sam Bradford?
I can't speak for Matt, but the guys who I corrected and tweaked (there weren't a ton of them because I didn't have a lot of time to make changes) also received the best faces that I could assign to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
I think EA allows certain face types based on height/weight or something.
That is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangtime3000
messed up all of the freshmans' ratings because of the progression.. So i would fix them first
Matt already knows that they need corrected and plans on correcting them.

Thanks for the questions and suggestions. Please, feel free to share any thoughts on players and teams from skin colors to faces to equipment to suggested ratings. We're not looking for debates on ratings, but suggestions with specific details and links (if available) are always helpful. I can't speak for Matt, but I have always welcomed specific and documented ratings suggestions.