View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #363
Patriot Missile
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

I didn't real this thread so sorry if this has been stated already.

While waiting for the patch, I've been playing Madden Moments. I was doing one Moment that I just couldn't beat, it was driving me nuts..... so I had to cheat. Its the AFL one with The Boston Patriots down 31-10 to the Chargers and you have to come back.

Anyway, I changed the speed ratings of players, and while it made a diference, it didn't make a difference like you would expect in some aspects. Lowering the SD CBs to 12, my WRs can easily beat them as expected. But when i chaged the SD WRs to 30 speed (I couldn't lower them to 12 or they walk to the line too slow and causes a delay of game) they were still completing a lot of catches against my 99 speed CBs..... how is that even possible? But what really jumped out at me was the speed burst the WRs would get. I've seen other people mention this as well, but its exaggerated bigtime when the WRs are 30 speed.
The WR will look like hes running in mud with cement shoes then as the QB throws it he looks like hes being shot out of a cannon and hes suddenly wide open. Ridiculous!

When I first read this thread I thought I was done with Madden. Even though nothing I read about the OL ws really that surprising to me, I never really thought ratings meant much. SPEED has always been the key rating. But I tried to over look it and decided I would wait for the patches to come out and start a franchise. But when I see things described above its really giving me second thoughts.
I didn't buy madden last year for the first time ever, and this year I bought into the pre-release hype. Never again! I wish people wouldn't be so short minded and realize we are lied to ever year..... EVERY YEAR. Go back and read info about previous Madden versions before they are released and you will read the same crap over and over. I could give plenty of examples on what we've been lied to about for years, but I don't think I need to.

EA needs to find new developers.