View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 11:11 PM   #161
jrt3177
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: expansion draft exposed players

This was a great idea and something I had a lot of fun just setting up. Took me about 3 nights to get everything setup properly. I replaced the Washington Redskins and allowed myself to keep 1 player (Haynesworth). I then allowed every team that was rated under 80 and/or did not make the playoffs last year to select a player off the Redskins roster trying to keep it as real as possible for the dispersement draft. Here's my results of the dispersement draft.

Exp. TeamA. Haynesworth
KCL. Landry
SLC. Rogers
DetC. Samuels
CleC. Portis
OakS. Moss
BengalsC. Cooley
SeaC. Griffin
JaxA. Carter
BillsC. Horton
BucsJ. Campbell
HoustonR. Thomas
SFD. Hall
DenvL. Fletcher
DolphinsM. Kelly
PanthersR. McIntosh
BearsD. Dockery
TitansD. Thomas

I then went thru each team and made my own list of Expansion eligible players, 5 from every team. After selecting a teams player, I then removed a player from each team. If 2 players were selected from a particular team, all other players from that team were then off limits. Finally, I used another poster's idea of giving myself the 1st pick in every round of this years draft with additional picks in the 5th, 6th, and 7th. I then selected a player that was eligible in the draft at the time I was selecting and replaced that teams player with either a rookie from the Redskins or a player off the FA list that was similar to the guy I was taking. While doing this, I did not look at the ratings of the players. I simply went off the list of players on NFL.com and had no idea of the overall rating of the players I was selecting.

My main focus was builing a semi-competitive team while maintaining a low cap # so I could build up my team for the future. All in all, I'm fairly happy with the team I've assembled as I believe they look like a true to life expansion team. Here's my final 50 man roster after all was said and done. Thanks to all who posted in this thread and especially to the OP who came up with this great idea!!!

QBB. Leftwich - 71LEK. Dawson - 73*
QBS. McGee - 59LEJ. Gilbert - 68
QBJ. O'Sullivan - 60RER. McDonald - 67*
REK. Biermann - 68
HBS. Morris - 76
HBJ. Wright - 71DTA. Haynesworth
HBB. Leonard - 70DTS. Pouha - 68
DTA. Johnson - 65
FBJ. Cook - 73 DT
WRD. Henderson - 69LOLBA. Curry - 84
WRE. Doucet - 64LOLBA. Spencer - 72
WRB. Stokley - 74MLBB. Siler - 61